Wednesday, April 23, 2014
I know: Deep thoughts for a Wednesday.
So I stumbled across the following infographic the other day:
- I put myself last.
- I'm perpetually tired and don't care who knows it.
- I'm too busy to look put-together.
- My only identity is my children's mother.
- I don't want you to see me.
- I'm totally approachable.
- I take time for myself because I make it a priority.
- I'm fun and totally enjoy life and the occasional flash mob.
- I see the value in balancing function with style.
- Being a mom has enhanced my natural personality.
So, I guess what this all boils down to is: What are you telling people about yourself with your appearance – and is it accurate?
Getting dressed in the morning serves more of a purpose than just not being naked when you go to grocery store. It's a chance to take control of social interactions and make sure you're sending exactly the message that YOU want to send. That means you're totally in control here: If you miss your old clothes, get 'em back. If you don't have time for yourself, find a way to streamline a 5-minute routine. And, if you prefer flats over heels – then wear flats instead of heels.
So, some questions for you on this Wednesday:
What do you think about Ms. Mazzulla's life lesson?
What are some of your motivations for dressing the way that you do?
And, if you had a label, what would it be?
Geez I need a nap after all of this intellect.